Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,781   Online: 890

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Olympus Ace - value ?

Hey,

I got this nice camera set a while back, and is considering selling it, but have a real problem finding any good source for the value of it.
    Its an Olympus Ace, looks like its pretty rare, the one and only interchangeable lens rangefinder camera from Olympus ? I have all three focal lengths produced for it, 35mm, 45mm and 80mm. Looks like there is two version of the 80mm, f4 and f5,6, I have the slower version for it.
    The camera looks fantastic in my opinion, the lenses the same, except maybe for the 45mm that have one "mark" or "scratch" on the front lens.
    The shutter is very accurate on all speeds according to my iphone shutter-tester. Self timer works. Rangefinder works and its clear and easy to use.
    Have two leather cases for the 45mm and 80mm, not the 35mm or the camera.
    See attached image.

So, the question, what is the value, or what would YOU be willing to pay for it ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1653_1_web.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    It is a rare camera and having the three lenses is an advantage. But it depends on how many Oly collectors are out there looking for one. I got mine five or more years ago for between $100-$200. If you have all the lens caps and cases it would be at the high end of that.

It is a great camera to use. The shutter speed, focus and aperture are all very smooth and fluid. The film advance and shutter release are crisp and light. The viewfinder is huge and bright. It is a very quality piece and worth running some film thru.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    what tim said -- complete sets go for a premium, especially if it all works as it should. Coupla hundred at least.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin