Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,758   Posts: 1,516,007   Online: 907

Shooter
    35mm RF

Voigtländer Vitessa T

Anybody using this camera?
    I just won one.. and downloaded the manual from Butkus.

Any tips??
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've an earlier Vitessa with the folding lens and barn doors. Otherwise I think they are fairly similar. It was given to me, and I've not used it much.
    It is a work of art, and built very well. The general "make sure the shutter speeds are correct" phrase is good advice for cameras of this vintage.

Make sure the film is taught when you load it, before putting the back on. One of the first times using it this issue caused some overlapped frames because the sprockets did not engage the film correctly.
    You may also want to make sure the rangefinder is accurate before taking important pictures. A lens hood is a good idea on bright days.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    get ready for a lot of weird looks.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    get ready for a lot of weird looks.
    I already get those..
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Overall, a good camera. It has traditional focus ... the barn door models use focus by dial. My T has the EV system. The viewfinder frame shifts for parallax correction.

No big surprises. The standard lens is a Skopar, while the barn door models had either a Skopar or the Ultron.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the Vitessa L with the barn doors. I've heard the suggestion that one hold a finger on the wind plunger when releasing it to the "ready" position to avoid shocking the mechanism, which is complex, read expensive to repair. Prepare for a shock if the rangefinder needs work, I gather that the top has to be reinstalled after each little adjustment. There was probably a jig for the factory assembly, some repair shop in Germany might have one.... A fun camera and a piece of history. Wish I had a '55 T-Bird to go with it!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Vitessa T arrived yesterday and after a shutter cleaning and adjust to restore slow speeds it seems to be working fine. The meter is also working fine and my first roll through it looks sharp and contrasty..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vitessa_edit.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	71616
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin