Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,391   Online: 781

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Enjoy
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great cameras and I second Jon's light seal kits. I have been using his kits since 2008, great instructions and fast to ship. And my only connection with Jon is a happy customer.

David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    35mm
    Earlier this week, I replaced the light seals on my k1000 and my yashica. I used the black yarn technique and a strip of 2mm foam rubber off an old mouse pad to replace the mirror bumper on the pentax. Its actually an easier fix.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Craft stores sell a material that works very well. Cost just a couple of dollars for a 9x12 sheet. You want the type with the self-adhesive backing.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I worry that your black-yarn-light-seal-technique might bring fibers into your camera. Food for thought. Yarn and camera don't seem compatible...but I might be over thinking this...
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    This is the link I followed. http://mattsclassiccameras.com/light_seals/
    I remember reading an article where Leica used black wool yarn before using foam rubber. I cannot say from personal experiences, but I have read multiple instances where yarn was used successfully.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by one90guy View Post
    Great cameras and I second Jon's light seal kits. I have been using his kits since 2008, great instructions and fast to ship. And my only connection with Jon is a happy customer.

David
    Is Jon Goodman still selling light seal kits? I heard that he had given up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin