Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,718   Posts: 1,514,837   Online: 943

Shooter
    35mm

Setting exposure on a Kodak Signet 80.

I picked up a Signet 80 a while back and was hoping someone could confirm how to set the exposure on this camera?

The built in meter is read in EV (there are f-stops on the bottom of the lenses, FWIW). Anyway, first I set the shutter speed, then I turn the ring that adjusts the EV settings until the metal "brackets" are selecting the shutter speed. Then I move the front knurled ring until the needed EV reading is in the window. If I can't get the EV reading I need then I start all over with a different shutter speed adjustment. Does this sound correct? I always want the brackets to select the shutter speed selected?

Thanks for any help

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks. I have the actual manual for the camera, but it's slightly confusing. My manual is the "updated" version for the lenses that have the metal brackets instead of the index dot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow! Confusing aren't they?

When I'm confronted by destructions like this I break it down into phrases or sentences and do that setting. Once you do that it all begins to make sense(sort of)
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Usually it is easier to set the shutter speed and then the f-stop to get the EV you want -- once you have the ev, you can change shutter/lens combinations and keep the EV the same, within the range the camera allows. It's not a bad system once you get used to it. Rolleiflex cameras are similar.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks everyone. It looks to me that the main thing to remember is to have the shutter speed and index brackets to always be the same, then adjust for your f-stop or EV and if outside the range of the selected index/shutter speed you pick a different shutter speed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin