Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,961   Online: 776

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is weird.. interesting.. but why was/would the film be loaded into film cassette backwards?

IF the OP had gotten all his photos correctly... wouldn't they be marked 24 down to 1... then x/0.... Don't the images usually run 1-24?
    How much past 24 was he able to shoot?... being that 24 was his X was his last shot?...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mesantacruz View Post
    This is weird.. interesting.. but why was/would the film be loaded into film cassette backwards?

IF the OP had gotten all his photos correctly... wouldn't they be marked 24 down to 1... then x/0.... Don't the images usually run 1-24?
    How much past 24 was he able to shoot?... being that 24 was his X was his last shot?...
    Some electronic auto wind cameras per load/wind the entire roll onto the take up spool, and then as shot, the film is wound back into the cassette, this way if the back is opened by mistake, most of the images are safely inside the film cassette and not ruined. I don't know about this camera but maybe that's a feature of this camera?

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No - not the C35.

It has no power wind.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mesantacruz View Post

You've had the same reaction I did, but I think maybe Bill Burk has the most likely scenario -- the film sat there (probably putting a couple dozen shots on the light struck leader), then started to move almost at the bitter end. So the last 24 frames of film never got out of the cassette. It's been a while, but I'm thinking the bar code label for processing usually gets put on the leader end, and that's on the short segment shown with the "two last shots."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    I have a theory that fits this.

The film didn't catch the takeup spool when first loaded... but after some 20-or-so shots, it FINALLY caught and started winding...

So it might have been good to go, but OP rewound and sent the film in for processing.

---
    All good advice to check the wind knob is turning as the shooting progresses. Good to check that the camera can make it through a roll of scrap film when properly loaded... But chances are... Next time you shoot... You'll get a good roll of film.
    That's the same thing I was thinking. It's easy to have the film pop out of the take-up spool. I keep my "36 frames on the leader"-oops roll around as a warning for the future, the film equivalent of Cromwell's head on a pole. I should probably cut and sleeve it, put it in an 8x10 frame and hang it on the wall.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin