Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,869   Online: 1128

Shooter
    35mm

Petri 7s Without Flash M-X Switch

Recently I acquired a Petri 7s with 45mm f/1.8 lens, but, on the lens there is no flash synchronizing lever for M or X flash setting, which all the other Petri 7s cameras seem to have. could my Petri 7s be a very late model, or do you think the M/X switch has broken off, or been removed, or something? Does anyone know?

Shooter
    35mm
    As far as I can remember there was no other sync setting apart from 'X' in other words Electronic for the Petri 7 camera.

I have just checked the on line camera instruction website and the Petri 7 and 7s do have synch for M as well as X but there is no switch to change them over. What this will probably mean is X will synch at all speeds with no loss of light reaching the film but M (bulbs) will synch up to 1/30th at full power output but above that there will be a loss of light reaching the film.
    Last edited by BMbikerider; 08-13-2013 at 06:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks BMbikerider, I had another look by Googling images of the Petri 7s lens. Though all the Petri 7 do have the M-X switch, not all Petri 7s have it, even though the manual for that model says it does. At least I know now that my Petri isn’t defective, but just another version, probably a later one.
    P.S I tried posting some links of images of the lens showing the switch, but this forum wouldn’t let me.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin