Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,927   Online: 994

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: is it worth it?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    You do know that the f1.9 is pretty much like a f1 lens in 35mm....

Don't you already have a lynx 1.4 too?
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    You do know that the f1.9 is pretty much like a f1 lens in 35mm....

Don't you already have a lynx 1.4 too?
    you make me sound like a camera whore haha.. and no I sold it didnt use it as much, plus the rangefinder was weak and couldn't use it in low light which made it almost impossible to focus with. And yes I do know ... I think thats the only reason I'm on edge about trading it..

heres a shot from the 1.9 I did 2 weekends ago...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warrior fuji 645-893-Edit-Edit.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	621.4 KB 
ID:	72915

I guess the thing is which will hold up more value... cause i have to sell the mamiya pro tl either way... well trade or sell... if I dont like the leica as much as I thought I would I can always sell it for what I got the trade for because it holds it value correct???? the Mamiya pro is a bit harder to sell..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Oh, 1.9, I guess that is a special lens you might miss. And I don't know if you will miss having your dependable shooter.

At least you aren't swindling anyone.

Maybe you can strike a deal where either of you can trade back even-steven if either has remorse. That way if it's meant to be, you'll have the Leica, and if not, at least you'll have had it for a while.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    You couldn't get me to get rid of my 1.9 for anything. When you look at that portrait above - ask yourself what should it take to replicate that magic in a M3.....

I bet, could be wrong, you'd be on the wrong side'a the trade....

Just my biased-I-love-my-1.9-opinion....
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    Oh, 1.9, I guess that is a special lens you might miss. And I don't know if you will miss having your dependable shooter.

At least you aren't swindling anyone.

Maybe you can strike a deal where either of you can trade back even-steven if either has remorse. That way if it's meant to be, you'll have the Leica, and if not, at least you'll have had it for a while.
    you make a good point but the guy is a leica shooter and fall in love with 120 when I let him borrow my rolleiflex 2.8 =) so im sure he isnt going to want to trade back.. worse case scenario I sell the leica and buy a 1.9 to go on my mamiya 645 af and I have some extra cash in my pocket for film or what not =)

Shooter
    35mm
    I like your images. Too bad the girls aren't topless. A Leica is hard to resist, even for models. Maybe that's all it takes for them to go topless in front of the camera, after all?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Looking at compariable ebay sold prices, the kit you are offering would be around $550. The Summicron DR goes for $900 on its own and the M3 in the ballpark of $500-700 depending on condition.

On a purely financial call, I'd take it in a heart beat if the M3/DR is in good condition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would keep the Pro TL and the 80/1.9. I actually own both an AF-D II and a Pro TL, and both of the lenses you mention. Of the two, I use the Pro TL a lot more, because of the 80/1.9 and because of the easier manual focus. The AF sucks on the AF-D, so I tend to put my lenses in MF mode. But I miss the split screen when I do that. Leicas are great, but they are not the beginning and end of all photographic equipment. The bigger frame counts for a heck of a lot, especially if you are going to use slightly faster film. Nowadays, Acros and TMax100 are about the only film I'll put in a 35mm camera. But the options are manifold when moving to 120.

Maybe NB23 has a point, though. You can't put a price on that .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wharris View Post
    is it worth it?
    M3 with a summicron 50mm/f2 dr [/url]
    Yes. You live only once - go for it !

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you can spare the money and if the Leica M3 and lens are in good order, go for it!

It will be fun to shoot with this camera. The Leica M3 is one of the best M-models according to meany people. I use a M4-2 and M7.

And if you decide the Leica isn't it for you in a year or two, you'll be able to sell the M3 as easy/easier than the stuff you traded it for.

And if you decide the M3 is the camera for you, you can always get some Voightlander lenses for it if original Leica lenses are too expensive.
    Last edited by TheToadMen; 08-14-2013 at 05:36 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin