Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,776   Posts: 1,516,690   Online: 1203

Shooter
    Instant Films

Where to find a battery cover for an Yashica electro 35 gns?

Hi, I just bought an yashica electro 35 gsn on ebay but it suddenly came out without the battery cover so i'd be so i would totally thankful if any of you guy know where to buy a replacement one or if you have one and could sell it to me. thank you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You may try contacting
    Mark Hama Ltd.
    2675 Earl Dr.
    Marietta, GA 30062
    markhama
    @comcast.net

He repairs Yashica's...but not sure if he sells parts for cameras that he hasn't repaired in-house.

On a quick advanced search of *bay, found a couple of possibilities.
    Auction #s: ( 171103146083 ) ( 281131180197 )

Many of the repair parts I have purchased over the years came from *bay auctions.
    Mostly, from camera repair techs going out of business. It takes a little patience...and time.

Maybe, someone with a Yashica 35 will give the measurements/dimensions of the battery
    cap, then you could find a cap from another, more common camera that will fit.
    Possibly, Mr. Hama, has some suggestions along these lines.

Marc

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Doing a bit of a similar search myself, though it's for a 35G. I've contacted people about the parts (not Mr. Hama though, yet), and for the plate, button, and screws, it's been almost as much as I've paid for the camera. While I did get a steal of a deal on it, if I'm going to pay $X, I'd rather send it in for a CLA+POD+battery check replacement for maybe $3X. With the FM2n, Canonet and Oly 35SP in shooter condition, though, it's taking a while to get around to it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin