Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,858   Online: 1100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Only ebay.de has sellers that can spell Voigtländer properly.

Also look for Agfa 37mm push-on filters; I've got a couple of those.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by culturesponge View Post
    Bessa filters do show up occasionally in useable condition, but it took a few years to find original Voigtländer Bessa II uv, orange & green filters for the wife's pampered & accessorized version II Heliar.

you could establish a daily search in both north america & Europe on the big aution website for Voigtlander (or Voigtländer) 37 mm filter + orange which is same in English & German - eventually you will be lucky.

50/60's B+W push on 37mm glass filters seem to be a similar quality to Voigtländer but the mounts are not as good but they seem to be slightly more prevalent

best/good luck
    alex

fek. there you go - corrected 4x - Voigtländer

was so fixated on getting a ¨ on my (new to me) tiny screen "smartphone" that i didn't bother to check anything else, banal waste of time writing blah in tiny windows anyway

it's no wonder Carl Zeiss eventually bought Voigtländer - that daft name can't have helped worldwide sales

over/out
    alex

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I really appreciate all the input. I just received the series VI adapter. I see on the auction site a lot or orange daylight filters. How do these compare to a B&W contrast orange filter. Thanks, Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    I really appreciate all the input. I just received the series VI adapter. I see on the auction site a lot or orange daylight filters. How do these compare to a B&W contrast orange filter. Thanks, Robert
    I think I have a couple of series vi Hoya filters that I'll never use. I think one may be an orange. I can look tonight and let you know. If it's what you need, you can have it for whatever postage costs.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pstake View Post
    I think I have a couple of series vi Hoya filters that I'll never use. I think one may be an orange. I can look tonight and let you know. If it's what you need, you can have it for whatever postage costs.
    That's very kind of you. Thank you, Robert

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 250swb View Post
    A difficult subject because '37mm' doesn't necessarily mean you want a 37mm filter. I have a couple of Agfa Record III with different lenses but both are 37mm outside diameter, and neither take an exact 37mm filter, there needs to be some wriggle room. So I use Kodak Series 6 filters using a 38mm/1.5" adapter ring, and this is snug secure fit with the tangs of the adapter bent very slightly. The advantage of the Series 6 filters is that there are a lot about on Ebay, and they are a good quality. I don't know if you can get a Kodak Series 6 37mm adapter, but you may find a 38mm is OK as I do.

Steve
    Any branded (Agfa, Voigtländer, B&W...) push-on filter marked 37mm from the 50s should be just fine. These push-on filters usually have tongues on the mount side that can be bent to make them fit snuggly. This is true for all the Agfa, Voigtländer, Zeiss (E-Germany) and B&W push on filters I own. Any of these in 37mm will fit a Bessa II (and a Record III) without problems. The only exception are the Kodak Retina filters which use a confusing system of denominating the filter size. But I am not aware of any Retina filters in 37mm anyhow. The Agfa and B&W filters are usually easiest to find in 37mm, the Voigtländer filters are the best (even available coated) but are bit more scarce.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin