Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,091   Online: 1030

Shooter
    35mm RF

The 50mm f1.5 Nokton LTM ASPH

No longer the most recent version of this lens and discontinued production, it is still an amazing lens worth trying to find! Here it is on Tri-x 400 developed in FG7 at f2, photograph by Mary Rhodomoyer (http://maryrhodomoyer.com/home.html): Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nokton50_1_5.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	74564
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Steering Wheel.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got one of those. Draws a really nice picture. Great for portraits, and I've even used it for some landscape work. Sweet lens!
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Me too, feels a bit light but is a great performer, love that old Bug too!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Indeed fine optics but not so good ergonomics in my very personal opinion. I have small hands, but the aperture ring on this lens moves so lightly by the slightest touch and is so close to the rather stiff focus ring that more than once I unintentionally changed aperture while focusing ... Because I am shooting with an meterless M this usually went unnoticed. This was the main reason I sold the lens (I also didn't like the finder blockage). YMMV, of course.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikanon View Post
    No longer the most recent version of this lens and discontinued production, it is still an amazing lens worth trying to find! Here it is on Tri-x 400 developed in FG7 at f2, photograph by Mary Rhodomoyer (http://maryrhodomoyer.com/home.html):
    The link you posted isn't working. This is the correct link: http://maryrhodomoyer.com/home.html
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A top-notch lens, and a better performer than my 50mm Summicron or Summilux. I bought the example I use because much of the black paint had worn off, leaving the brass exposed. It was a good match for my brassy, black-paint M4.

Because of the ugly appearance of the lens, and the dirt cheap price, I didn't expect it would perform very well. I was quite wrong, it is an incredible lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I originally purchased this lens when my wife joined the church and the minister let me take photos if they were not distracting. So I shoot 800 ASA color film with this lens at f2.8 at 1/60. These were beautiful That lens has served very well on all my Leicas. It is a bit ruff to use on the IIIF. It is so big it covers loads of the viewfinder.

This has been one of the fastest lenses I have ever had. I had a Nikor 50mm f1.4 for a Nikon F I had. It survived a fire, a dunk from a canoe and a fall out of a moving jeap. I doubt the Voigtlander is that touch, but it produces great images.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I was a little disappointed when I first received it from Ken Hansen and it was larger than my Rigid 50 summicron, but lighter. I actually LOVED the aperture ring though, nice smooth audible clicks. I shoot it on an M3 or M4, so I don't have the meter as well to check me if I change it, but I've never had the problem with even "spontaneously fast" focusing. The contrast in the out of focus areas and their rendering just floored me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really enjoy how it is neutral about the out of focus areas. For a close-up, such as the one attached, I prefer shooting at f/5.6 or f/8, but here the lens did really well at f/2. Still nothing massively distracting about the background.
    I enjoy this lens a lot, and often it's the only lens I bring when I'm out photographing.

(Print on Ilford MGIV, Ethol LPD. Film is Acros in Xtol)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sima001.jpg  
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin