Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,549   Online: 794

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Argus C3

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is there any setting of the focus on the lens (disregarding the RF) that will give clearance?
    No, I've tried that a few times.

Have you used it and do the RF and lens track focus properly?
    No, I haven't used it yet. But it was my father's, and our family photos from the 1960s were 'acceptably sharp'.

Also, I wonder if some of the early ones didn't have the interchangeable lens feature.
    I've started wondering about that myself. If I get really desperate I could always get out the Dremel and grind the cap down...
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    if you focus the lens all the way out you SHOULD have enough clearance. If it won't, I'm not sure what the problem is. If you want to try the interchangable lenses, I'd suggest finding another camera rather than dremeling and so on...$20 and you're there.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Try contacting the Argus collectors group

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    No, I've tried that a few times.

No, I haven't used it yet. But it was my father's, and our family photos from the 1960s were 'acceptably sharp'.

I've started wondering about that myself. If I get really desperate I could always get out the Dremel and grind the cap down...
    That's about my impression from mine. IIRC the Cintar lens is a triplet. Until I saw this thread, I'd almost forgotten I have one of these!
    Sorry I couldn't help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin