Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,266   Online: 737

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    thank you for your advice.

The difficulty focusing wide open might be an issue...I'll see how it works for me.

Sometimes I feel that if I can't capture an image at f2, then it isn't an image worth capturing, lol.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The reality with Leica lenses, as with any other lens, is that it will not, cannot, be as sharp fully wide open as stopped down a bit. That said Leica lenses tend to be more sharp than others wide open. So you have a balancing act. To say it is sharpest wide open is a fantasy, even Leica never aspired to that, f/4 being the datum point if your preffered DOF coincides with that, but any other aperture is perfectly acceptable without any big traumas.

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_barnett/

book
    wood, water, rock,
    landscape photographs in and around the Peak District National Park, UK.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If you're looking for sharpness and not necessarily the Leica name/look, you might want to consider the VC 50mm 1.5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I own a Summilux Pre-Asph. It is great on my M7 and works perfectly, but it does not work well with my M9. I am sure that sending the M9 and Summilux in for adjustment would help. But, since I have other very, very nice lenses that do work quite well with my M9, I'm not going to bother.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The CV /1.5 has better MTF and less vignetting. But is big.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    For a few years I shot indoor sports with a Canon 50mm f/1.4 and ISO 400 film. Then Kodak introduced T-Max 3200, and a Summicron at twice the shutter speed produced much better images in every respect.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    I own a Summilux Pre-Asph. It is great on my M7 and works perfectly, ....

Same here from me with this set! A beautiful combination and I also like the focussing with this lens. Easy & naturally to use.
    Better than my Summicron types.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* "So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you." (the original Willy Wonka: Gene Wilder, 1971)
    * My favorite cameras: Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Sadly true with my kit, but I keep trying to improve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sharp in the center wide open, but not flat field at all. Shooting anything parallel to the film plane at even 2.8 will result in out of focus corners. I've had three different examples of this lens over the years, two of the first type, then the one with the built-in hood. All three acted like this.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The type 1 optics ran from 59-63 the type2 from 63 on until asp. note this is from memory.
    There were several different mechanical designs e.g. a LTM version but all post 63 were the type 2 optics.
    They have a nice signature and the early ones are single coated...
    The MTF diagrams are available for the type2 and they are good for the design epoc. It was popular cause it was small and light for 1.4 and good contra jour.
    gbag space the final frontier...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin