Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,420   Online: 1150

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A Canon P is not compatible with some wides e.g. J12 and Kobalux 28mms they can interfere with the light baffles, some people use force. The 28mm Orion should be ok.

The FSU LTM lenses can be very good if you get one that has not been mistreated.

A Nikon f/2 in LTM is very good but very expensive.

A Canon LTM /2.8 or /1.8 also very good but both can fog and be etched if they have been neglected.

There is the Cosina Voightlander /2.5 if you can find one modern glass and multi coating.

There are other LTM lenses but all the LTMs have been inflating in price.

A Canon P can tolerate work Id not bother with a CLA until it breaks a ribbon or you get shutter taper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    A Nikon f/2 in LTM is very good but very expensive.
    They shouldn't be that bad. There's one on eBay now for the strangely exact price of US$241.33, for instance. I think I paid slightly more than that for mine at KEH, a few years ago. I mean, they're more expensive than the fSU lenses, of course.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi Nathan

J8<Canon/2.8<Canon/1.8<Nikkor/2 in GBP

the Canons and Nikkors have all gone up recently this side of Atlantic.

the 1.8 is the best off axis of these four but if you can get a nikkor cheap id buy.

or both my 1.8s are better off axis but the Nikkors signature is nice

but for the op a Cosina Voightlander LTM 35mm f/2.5 is probably the cheapest modern lenses. A Canon P is well suited to a 35mm.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin