Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,440   Online: 708

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mark Hansen of http://www.zeissikonrolleirepair.com/ Issues?

Have you guys had any recent work with Mark Hansen? I have had him do a CLA on a Diachord. He did a great job, but sent him a Zeiss Contax IIa, and he has been telling me he will get right to it, and that was two months ago. I left him alone, and decided to email him because it has been two months. I am not getting any replies to my emails. I am starting to worry I just gave my camera away.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks,
    Chris Maness

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did finally hear back from him. Set my mind at ease for now. Will post again when I get my Contax IIa back. I am looking forward to shooting with this little jewel.

Regards,
    Chris Maness

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He worked on my Contax IIa about a year ago and did a great job. He is very busy and has always been upfront with me about that. I have an Ikoflex I will be sending soon but he has already told me that he is at least 3 months behind. I wouldn't worry too much and he has already done terrific work for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes he has done work for me as well. I just get panicked when I some one fails to return two emails after several days. Good to know he is good with the Contax.

Regards,
    Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    P.s. I wasn't thinking so much anything malicious, just that he might have had a heart attack or something.

Chris

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There is an increasing demand for repair folks as the former factor techs and true experts pass on. And for those remaining, their skills are still in great demand.

I can tell you that it takes roughly four to six hours for a proper tear down and rebuild of a Contax IIa. It's not mechanically complicated, but there are a couple of tricky parts - including one part of the reassembly that would be better suited for a person with three hands.

A correctly serviced Contax IIa is an excellent camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    There is an increasing demand for repair folks as the former factor techs and true experts pass on. And for those remaining, their skills are still in great demand.

I can tell you that it takes roughly four to six hours for a proper tear down and rebuild of a Contax IIa. It's not mechanically complicated, but there are a couple of tricky parts - including one part of the reassembly that would be better suited for a person with three hands.

A correctly serviced Contax IIa is an excellent camera.
    Definitely, I love my Kiev's. I just can't wait to get the real McCoy.

Regards,
    Chris Maness

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by kq6up View Post
    Definitely, I love my Kiev's. I just can't wait to get the real McCoy.

Regards,
    Chris Maness
    It takes me 14 hours to rebuild a Kiev or Contax II the pros are quicker and have spares from cannibalism...

Don't like IIas at all. Nice cameras for shooting with taking apart nooooooo.

Most jobs are dismantle for access and drip on Zippo or sew a ribbon and much quicker, but when it is a salve after bodge or wear...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't had a chance to use a Kiev but I do love the Contax II. Mine has been super reliable for several years so I have not had to do anything at all but use it. For something that was built in the mid 30s that is amazing to me. Hook up the Sonnar 50/1.5, load some film, throw a meter in your pocket and go have fun.

I am clearing out my closets and selling off a lot of camera equipment but this, and my K1000, are two cameras that I can never see me selling.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin