Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,667   Online: 804

Thread: New RF

Shooter
    35mm

New RF

I have more than a dozen SLR's, but I've always kept a RF for a pocket camera. I currently have a Kodak Retina IIIc and a Zeiss Ikon Contessa LK. Reading posts on here I've gotten an urge for a RF with interchangable lenses. I've ordered a FED5c with Industar 61 LD, caint wait for it to arrive. Anything I shud immediately check out on it b4 using?

Shooter
    35mm
    Shutter curtains come to mind. Run a roll through it and check the negatives for light leaks or shutter pinholes before actually trusting it to a project you care about.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to try to visually check the focus - focus it on something a few feet away and check the rangefinder to see what it says.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wellllll, they're Russian cameras. If they work properly when you get them, immediately go to Vegas and make some long shot bets because you have really good luck going on right now. But I expect you'll find some, or all, of ww12345's topics to entertain you

Shooter
    35mm
    I guess it depends on where you bought it, too. If from a reputable site like FEDKA, your odds just went up.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Make sure the lens is clean. Image quality on my FED 3b went way up when I cleaned the glass on the Industar. Also, relubing the focus helical made it a lot easier and faster to use.

Watch for the eye piece on the viewfinder window (at least it is on the 3b) is knurled and really likes to scratch lenses on glasses.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikon Collector View Post
    I have more than a dozen SLR's, but I've always kept a RF for a pocket camera. I currently have a Kodak Retina IIIc and a Zeiss Ikon Contessa LK. Reading posts on here I've gotten an urge for a RF with interchangable lenses. I've ordered a FED5c with Industar 61 LD, caint wait for it to arrive. Anything I shud immediately check out on it b4 using?
    yes down load user manual
    and google

FED problem
    FED shutter
    FED rangefinder
    etc.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin