Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,928   Posts: 1,522,162   Online: 1034

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Mamiya C330, Mamiya RB67, RZ67, Rolleiflex SL66 all of them have a built in bellow and therefore can focus pretty close.
    with a Mamiya RB67 and extensions I can get much better than 1:1 and can shoot from just an inch or so away.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A Rolleiflex or Rolleicord with a set of three Rolleinars is a good alternative. It's not perfect, but it should take care of your close-up desires.

The Rolleinars are of excellent quality.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Horseman VH-R focuses into the macro range without additional equipment, but the rangefinder is only good for about one meter subject distance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have it now, it's not a rangefinder, it's a roll film view camera. I have a Galvin which takes a roll film back. That's the lightest camera I have. The 6x9 is a good backup too, no electronics, however, I'll need to bring a meter which is no problem. There is no one camera that does it all.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    for 6x6 our Rollei SL66E has a microscope adapter available - if the onboard bellows don't provide enough macro already ... they are a very capable camera

best
    alex
    Last edited by culturesponge; 10-16-2013 at 05:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Its not an easy thing. But I used my RB Pro S with extension and a 180mm lens, hand held on this macro. I would use a tripod if I tried it again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5-8-2008 10-33-35 PM_0045-dusted.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is not a rangefinder but the Pentax 645 series have some great macro lenses as well as extension tubes, a helical extension tube and even bellows, if that is not enough. I am confused why you want to go with a rangefinder for this type of work?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Mamiya 645 Pro with the 80mm macro lens focuses very close (36 cm) and gives a half life-size negative or slide.

With the extension tube, it goes down to life-size.

My RB67 with the 140mm macro is similar. It is a lot larger, but the rotating back coupled with a metering chimney finder works really well.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Hasselblad with extension tubes handles that problem easily. The image is right side up and the light meter in the prism gets the proper exposure without guessing.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I remembered this thread today.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/1...ose-focus.html

I'm checking out the 0.7 min. now.

The answer is my GA645zi focused down to 1 meter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin