Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,542   Posts: 1,544,394   Online: 1014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    only Mr N Sweeny will have engineering details

If you have a scrap Kiev you could make a contax to LTM adapter easier than a heliciod/rangefinder cam.

Only the very late Kievs came with a Helious but they are so homely there is little demand.

They do perform well compared with a good J8.

The Helious seems to be a type IV summicron clone i.e. a simplified for production double Gauss
    I mentioned that above in post #3, I'm starting to think it might be the better route.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes I detected you were aware.

Lots of parts Kievs are complete apart from the mount so someone is doing it: buying one is/would be simpler than machining.

For a while Helious were available NOS really cheap. Probably all gone now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    Yes I detected you were aware.

Lots of parts Kievs are complete apart from the mount so someone is doing it: buying one is/would be simpler than machining.

For a while Helious were available NOS really cheap. Probably all gone now.
    There are still H-103s out there for reasonable prices, quite a bit less that J-8s in equal condition anyway. I think Fedka wants about 40 USD for one.
    The Kiev mount conversion would still entail a fair bit of machining to connect it to an LTM body; I can cut 26 TPI threads, but do not have facilities to cut metric threads. I couldn't make some dremel and epoxy kluge anyway, I'd wince every time I saw it and besides my friends would probably euthanise me if I did.
    The Contax/LTM adapter would let me play with other lenses, too.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 10-24-2013 at 08:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin