Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,844   Posts: 1,582,674   Online: 1078

Shooter
    35mm RF

fed 3b shutter dial problem

I've just acquired a fed 3b and there seems to be something wrong with the shutter speed dial. When I cock the shutter and then go to change the shutter speed I can't rotate the dial past "B" or " 1/30" and the dial wants to turn to
    "1/30"
    Am I missing something?
    Thanks
    David

Shooter
    35mm
    Did you lift up the dial? You have to do this in order to be able to set its shutter speed. Lift up and turn.

Also, make certain that the tiny set screws on the side of the dial are secure and tight. - David Lyga
    Last edited by David Lyga; 10-26-2013 at 10:06 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes, I did lift to turn. Once it reaches either of those two speeds it just won't go any further. I'll check those two screws.

Shooter
    35mm
    Should be three set screws if I remember, but maybe not. Is the curtain in place, because that shutter dial is directly aligned with the first curtain?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Both shutters are in place and seem to be doing what they're supposed to. Still trying to find a small screwdriver

Shooter
    35mm
    davham: Most likely the screws are secure it the dial is not wobbling. It was just a suggestion. - David Lyga

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The speed knob has a restriction cause of the way the FSU implemented the slow speeds if you manage to force it through the restriction you need a new camera.

Think it is between 1/30 and one from memory but down load the manual from the free site.

A nice one works really well.

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-131.html
    Last edited by Xmas; 10-29-2013 at 12:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a Fed, a later one than yours, a 5C, and you have to go though B to the 30th, you can't go past 30th, and you can't go past the ! sec, it seems an odd arrangement but that seems to be the way it works, B to 30, the around from 500 to 1 sec,

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin