Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,698   Posts: 1,482,559   Online: 886

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Used R3M's??

Shooter
    35mm

Used R3M's??

Why are there so few Voigtlander R type RF's on the used market? KEH has none, One or two at Adorama and B&H. Ebay has a small selection but priced high enough where I would do just as well getting a new one. Are there no good deals out there? Am I missing something?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    People bought those cameras after the advent of digital cameras. They wanted a film camera and the Voigtlanders are decent cameras so they keep them......plus I'm not sure how many of them are out there.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Supply and demand. If there's few available, and the demand is there, the price stays up. Oldest rule in trade.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Better to just get a new one and have a warranty. We should be happy that it's still possible to buy a decent 35mm new.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    those cameras have relatively small production runs .... I doubt they make more than 20,000 or so of any model, so people who own them are few to start with, and few of them sell. perhaps they like them?

Keep in mind that Leicas were relatively short production runs as well -- fewer than 30,000 SL2s, the M3 was one of the larger runs at perhaps 400,000. I doubt if even today the M serial numbers are much past 3 million.

Compared to that, Minolta and Nikon would sell a million or so SLRs a year.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, all of that makes sense. Low prod, newer camera.......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no idea why there are so few but I suspect that the total number sold (in relation to cameras of all types) is actually very small. Couple that with the fact that most were bought by people who wanted to shoot film in lieu of digital, they are probably still in use. I know that mine are.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Try Cameraquest.com
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I endorse the above opinions. If dedicated film shooters buy a decent quality film camera, then the likelihood is they will hang on to it. With nothing better in that area being manufactured why sell?

Shooter
    35mm
    I guess that's testimony to a good camera.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin