Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,189   Online: 1143

Shooter
    35mm

Repairer in UK of Nikon RF lens ?

Hi, I'm posting for my first time with a request for some helpful advice please.
    I got out my S2 Nikon, equipped with SC 1.4 5cm Nippon Kogaku and tried shooting with it for the first time in many years.
    Four or so frames into the film I noticed a reluctance of the aperture ring to move smoothly ; thinking this stiffness was due
    to not having been used for a while I attempted to ''exercise'' it and , horrible to say, I've ended up with a bunch of scrunched-up
    iris blades visible through the front of the (otherwise perfect) lens. Can anyone recommend a repairer to sort out this mess ?
    Such an unexpected disaster to occur to my highly valued Nikon RF kit...
    I'm in the UK .

Shooter
    35mm
    You might want to contact Newton and Ellis in Liverpool to see what they say. Not cheap but I have yet to see a negative report on their work

Another possibility is Ed Trozska in Leicester.Ivor Matanle who does reviews on classic cameras in AP has great faith in him. Again I don't think he is cheap. No reliable repairer is. I may have mis-spelt his name but a google search will get you there

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    I'll try N & E and if not Ed T. I'll post back with news of progress , hopefully.

jonjim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would second Newton and Ellis, I have had several cameras repaired by them and no complaints, and these are old classic cameras

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The repair person is a nice guy as well...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin