Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,710   Online: 981

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cosina make the Bessa rangefinder and used to make the modern Zeiss Ikon rangefinder. They have also made rangefinder cameras under the Rollei and Epson names.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    For all that it's done to make rangefinders popular again, Cosina hasn't put enough effort into creating a rangefinder that stays in alignment or is properly aligned out of the box. Other camera makers were able to do this, but this has been an obvious weakness among Cosina made cameras. What a shame.
    rfdr have never been unpopular
    Leica million
    FSU several millions
    Canon several millions
    Olympus made oodles small rfdr
    etc
    Cosina only much smaller numbers
    very rare to see one in use...
    DSLR enormous numbers compared with rfdr yes

Cosina equipment is comparable in every way with other Ja manufacturers indeed as a 2nd tier supplier they may have made your Nikon or Olympus camera.

And for example Leicas have had significant problems with tolerances and won't take kindly to shock.

The last time I dropped a gbag the meter survived a Weston but the Leica rfdr way off.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    ...The last time I dropped a gbag the meter survived a Weston but the Leica rfdr way off.
    The Weston is about as delicate as a '53 Dodge Powerwagon. I'd blame the bag for that...

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
    The Weston is about as delicate as a '53 Dodge Powerwagon. I'd blame the bag for that...

s-a
    I blame me, the bag was a Billingham. The Weston was a V.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin