Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,595   Online: 710

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peltigera View Post
    Before using leather dressing on the bellows, I would check they are actually leather. If they are made from plasticised cloth (most Zeiss Ikon and Voigtlander) the dressing might harm the bellows.
    The main one I am thinking of is a Zeiss Ikonta IV. Late 1955 or early 1956 vintage?

I'm not so worried about the Speed Graphic. It is in need of CLA and minor repairs. It would only get used on rare occasions. I could leave that one open without too much worry. However, of the bellows need dressing, I suppose I could do that.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't believe in leaving temptation in peoples way, I store my cameras and lenses in two locked Peli cases inside a locked steel fireproof office cupboard, having being burgled before in my
    previous house I don't want to make it too easy for thiefs.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    I switch them around from time to time, but I don't have a display as such, I have cameras on a shelf here and there. I like to have some out w/the bellows open for a time; seems better to store them closed but I've bought some that had probably been closed up for a lot of years - seems good to open and use them if they're still functioning.
    Sharon

Shooter
    Large Format
    I store my cameras with film in them ready to go. I don't own a gun rack, but my ar15 and 1911 are always loaded ready to go.

Sent from my phone with an app

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an old Kodak No. 3A that looked like new until I displayed it open. The beautiful red bellows faded over time. I did not realize it until it was too late, I saw another one that had been kept closed. I would display them closed in a dust free cabinet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin