Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,339   Online: 1023

Shooter
    35mm

Voigtlander Bessa T Leica M Mount Rangefinder?

How do they hold up? i'd like a M6, but this is more of my budget. Anyone use them?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    i've got one and it's a tank.... does what I ask it to do. Sure its no M6 but it'll do for my budget and the lens mount holds my lenses right tight.

Logan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You're aware that the T has no viewfinder, right? Just a rangefinder. If you want both, get a Bessa R. These are very reliable cameras w/ great meters.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the viewfinders aren't exactly cheap though; acquiring a 28/35/50 set or similar might cost substantially more than the body alone. At UK prices anyway, but so much camera-related does seem less expensive in the US.

Bessa R is a LTM camera, not M; The R2x/R3x/R4x are the M-mount models.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The R2 is an M-mount version of the R. Nice camera.

Also, the Rollei 35 RF is the clone of the R2 and should come with the 40mm Sonnar. However, I see a lot of people selling bodies only, which I find unfortunate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They (the Rollei) seem to be hard to find and go for the same sort of prices as an M6 though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the Bessa R2, which is M mount. Black magnesium alloy body, very sturdy, 35/50/75/90 framelines. Love it.
    The shutter isn't Leica quiet, more like a modern SLR, but that may not be important to you.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Rollei 35 RF has no business being priced in the same territory as a Leica M. It's a Bessa-R2 with a Rollei name on the top plate.

I bought this camera new just days after it was released. It's a very nice camera and still have it. The rangefinder is slightly out (of course, it is - it's a Cosina). The powder chrome finish is unusual - in a nice way.

The one thing about the camera is that the rangefinder arm is too tightly sprung. Focusing is much stiffer than when the same lens is mounted on a different camera. I realized this when I took the 40mm Sonnar and mounted it to a Zeiss Ikon. The Sonnar focused much easier and more smoothly. I put it back on the Rollei, and the focusing action was stiff again.

The tension on the rangefinder arm needs to be lighter, and Cosina should long ago corrected the rangefinder alignment "issue" that seems to bedevil so many of its cameras.

Still, you have to give Cosina a great deal of credit for its efforts in reviving interest in rangefinders, especially at a time when digital came to dominate photography.

I suppose that because it was a limited production model, it now has moved to the Internet "rare" category.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin