Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,742   Posts: 1,515,589   Online: 910

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

My first Rangefinder

I apologize ahead of time for the crappy Instagram quality picture.

Anyways, I was visiting my parents in Cleveland for the past week, and I came across a long forgotten box with a bunch of old cameras that belonged to my grandfather. Besides a Minox B with a stuck shutter, there was a beautiful Argus C3 that I decided to snatch and bring back with me. Threw a roll of TX400 into it, did some shooting, and now all I've gotta do is get some D76 before I can find out if it everything is working properly. It's my first time every shooting with a range finder. I know this isn't the best camera out there, but if I like it enough, maybe I'll end up upgrading to a better RF later on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1010996_10100740704758721_701601131_n.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    if this one gives you good pictures, why upgrade? Darn good lenses on those Argi...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    if this one gives you good pictures, why upgrade? Darn good lenses on those Argi...
    Simple. You can never have too many cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like a great camera.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Pretty clean. I have one too that I need to pull out and take some images with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by peteyj10 View Post
    Minox B with a stuck shutter, there was a beautiful Argus C3
    Argus is a great camera, congrats! Minox B can go on auction site, and then with that money buy some more TriX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by peteyj10 View Post
    Simple. You can never have too many cameras.
    Until they take you to a rubber room on the funny farm.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice Argus. My dad gave me his to learn on in the 70's. I still have it and used it on occasion but the shutter actuation strap came loose a couple of months ago so it's OOS. I have another I got on eBay. They are fun to use. Yours looks to be in really good shape as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought my C3 in the 60's, still have it and once in awhile I run some film through it. Once I had to clean it, which is simple to do. The shutter mechanism got stick due to dried up grease. Other than that, nothing else was ever done to it. Hope you got some extra lenses too, the C3 has a neat way to change them.

Wayne

Shooter
    35mm
    If by "neat" you mean "complex and painful," then yes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin