Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,955   Posts: 1,522,816   Online: 986

Shooter
    35mm RF

Contax G 45mm f2 back focusing?

Hi guys,

Is there such thing known for this lens? I recently bought G2 and finally tested my G equipment and realized that most shots at f2 are out of focus.

Can this be related to the G2 body or the lens? I believe it is with the lens. All other shots at f4 are ok. I havent tested thoroughly but planning to do so in couple of days.

The lens has a bit of wobble. Can this be the reason? see the shot below. I focused on the eye but the focus is on the ear.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	U25431I1398100736.SEQ.0.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	86707

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've got a G2. It's a quirky camera for sure, but I've grown to love it. There's a nack to focussing however - hope this link helps:
    http://www.botzilla.com/blog/archives/000378.html

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi there,

Yes I have seen that even before I bought the G2. I use it that way but still no focus at f2...I will do a more thorough test and try to put the right bracket on the focused subject as suggested in one of the old threads. Any other suggestions? Which lens do you use with your G2?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not sure what the problem is. Using the technique in the blog post link, I can focus at f2 with no problems.

I've got the 28mm, 45mm + 90mm lens for this camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Make sure the brackets are on the focus subject before you lock the focus. Also check to see it is on S and not C.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin