Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,896   Posts: 1,584,311   Online: 907

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Then I'm in a one-man-club.
    Nahh. You can make it a 2-man club. I have been known to come up with the occasional blank space when I develop my film.
    Last edited by Pioneer; 05-07-2014 at 07:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    35mm

no leica

I never warmed up to my Leica 3f and this is one of the reasons. Later, I bought a Leica M2R and purchased a lens filter for it but no lens cap. I really liked that camera.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    How did you come to the conclusion that this is a serious Leica SHOOTER. I think he is a serious Leica CARRIER but not necessarily a shooter.

He cannot put the camera in a bag because then you cannot see the red dot and no one would know he is carrying a Leica.
    You seem to imply a difference where none exists...
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That was pretty funny.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You'll need at least ISO 400 film to shoot through the lens cap I think.

Personally, I never use a lens cap, so no worries there. The word Leica and shooter do not often go together :]

Don't worry about the red dot. No one I meet knows the difference between a Leica and a crab apple anyway. I mean, pictures, that's why you have a phone, right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    You seem to imply a difference where none exists...
    Oh, there are still a few of us that get more photos than blank spots on our film.

Though I do have to say that nowadays I use my ZI far more than my Leicas. Metal shutter curtains are far more forgiving of walking around with no lens cap than cloth ones are.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The shots you don't get because you forgot to take the lens cap off your Leica are visibly better than the shots you don't get when you forget to take the lens cap off your Fuji.
    I shoot digital when I have to (most of those shots end up here) and film (occasionally one of those shots ends up here) when I want to.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by omaha View Post
    The shots you don't get because you forgot to take the lens cap off your Leica are visibly better than the shots you don't get when you forget to take the lens cap off your Fuji.
    Now that is pure conceptual art. Why not enter your blank Fuji film for the lesser Turner Prize?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin