Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,476   Online: 1059

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dehk View Post
    That is funny, especially he kept looking at the screen ( I am assuming its digital, too lazy to look any closer ) .
    I think he's looking at the settings on the lens.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by omaha View Post
    The shots you don't get because you forgot to take the lens cap off your Leica are visibly better than the shots you don't get when you forget to take the lens cap off your Fuji.

Yes indeed, they have that "Leica glow".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I remember this video from awhile back, I think he was adjusting his aperture, his meter had to be indicating under exposure, even when he opens it up all the way.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    I remember this video from awhile back, I think he was adjusting his aperture, his meter had to be indicating under exposure, even when he opens it up all the way.
    I don't know which model of the Leica he has so I don't know if it has a meter. But if he got bad meter reading then he is really stupid as not to find out why before going on shooting. But really I am surprised as I think most Leica users are very technically competent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you, everyone responsible for brining this lens cap video to light. I was having such a down day, and this really cheered me up. Comedy gold.
    I confess I'm a gear nut within my price range. ;)
    Nikon FM2n, FG, FG20, N2000, Nikkormat, Olympus Stylus Epic
    Minox 35EL, Voigtlander Bessa-L
    Yashica-D TLR 6x6, Seagull TLR 6x6
    Agfa Isolette 6x6, Welmy 6x6
    Kodak Tourist 6x9 Anaston lens
    http://www.wendelstout.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    ha! this is amazingly epic. and he pulls the camera away from his face so many times. I kept expecting him to notice!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I don't know which model of the Leica he has so I don't know if it has a meter. But if he got bad meter reading then he is really stupid as not to find out why before going on shooting. But really I am surprised as I think most Leica users are very technically competent.
    Most Leica "shooters" (owners) know a lot about the theory of shooting, and can show you all sorts of charts that tell you how good their camera is, but it's doubtful if many actually are proficient at actually using the camera and framing a shot... Too busy polishing and dusting them on their glass shelves

Derek Woods is the only photographer I know of who is competent with his Leica, and boy is he!!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bravissimo. I wonder how much longer he kept at it and whether he switched to camera no 2.
    "The real work was thinking, just thinking." - Charles Chaplin

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yurisrey View Post
    Bravissimo. I wonder how much longer he kept at it and whether he switched to camera no 2.
    I wonder if he laughed at himself when he realized what happened, or if he stormed off mad, or what.. Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Most Leica "shooters" (owners) know a lot about the theory of shooting, and can show you all sorts of charts that tell you how good their camera is, but it's doubtful if many actually are proficient at actually using the camera and framing a shot... Too busy polishing and dusting them on their glass shelves

Derek Woods is the only photographer I know of who is competent with his Leica, and boy is he!!
    I guess I am in the minority of Leica "shooters," StoneNYC: my interest is shooting my M6s, not worshiping them. By my own admission, I know diddley-squat about the history of Leica, the iterations of the various lenses, Leica nomenclature, MTF tests (what the hell are those?!?!); my interest is using the things, not admiring them. For the record, one M6 (always loaded with Tri-X/HP5+) resides in the console of my Civic, always at the ready; the other, likewise at the ready, will be in a corner of my Domke, or hanging off my shoulder. Re: technical knowledge: One of the reasons joining APUG appealed to me was the breadth of knowledge therein: an effort to compensate for the manifold weaknesses in things technical.

Your generalization about LeicaFolks, Stone, unfortunately contains more than a measure of truth. A member of Leica Forum and LaVida Leica, I admit to finding far too much of the "discussions" meaningless...and often embarrassing to read. Indeed, I have found myself wondering on more than a few occasions if some of these folks get out on a regular basis to use their precious cameras! Oh, and yes, I laughed my ass off when I watched the video (much as I got a charge out of seeing the picture of Eric Clapton trying to shoot with the lens cap on...).
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin