Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,505   Posts: 1,543,474   Online: 974

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    So much attention paid to the least important piece of the whole photography puzzle.

A camera is a tool. Like anybody who likes to do woodworking, painting, cooking, or painting, we like good tools. Why should photography be any different? I love the Leica for its simplicity. It gets out of the way of making pictures and they are well made. I also love my EOS-3 because it helps me focus with my worsening eye sight and saving my ass in spontaneous photography, which I can't do very well with the Leica. But they remain tools. No reason to get worked up about them, as long as they work well for what we do.
    So tempted to make a joke about Leica and the word "tool" hehe

I agree though, I think the Leica is an excellent camera, I just think a lot of hot shot people with money buy them just to have one without the ability to use then to their fullest capabilities. Probably an affect of the kind of mindset it takes to make that kind of cash is a lot different than the kind of mind to make an artistic image, we think differently, and it takes a special type to be both good at making imagery that is captivating AND the ability to make lots of money...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    But, why fuss with what other people decide to do with their money or their time?
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Just put two rolls through my Canon AE-1 that I've had for 20 years, on a first date I had with a lovely girl. Nice waterfalls and some nudes (at her bequest).

It's been a good day, let's just carry on...
    She died, and you have already had the Will admitted to probate?!?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love the Leica for its simplicity..
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Gotta love those serious leica shooters

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    She died, and you have already had the Will admitted to probate?!?
    Damn auto correct!!! Lol

Ironically, my previous long term relationship just ended and the date was sort of a "I'm ok, I can date" kind of thing, so at first I was like... Wait how does he know my relationship just died? Lol she's alive, just wanted less relationship and more sex, and I needed both, can't live on the sex part forever.

And so it goes...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So much attention paid to the least important piece of the whole photography puzzle.

A camera is a tool. Like anybody who likes to do woodworking, painting, cooking, or painting, we like good tools.
    I probably shouldn't join in here, as I've never even seen a Leica in person, but I completely agree with this. I've sold more pictures taken with a Yashica-12 than I have with a Rolleiflex, just because I carry the Yashica through ice, rain, sand, swamps, and salty spray while the Rolleiflex ends up waiting for nice weather. Next to each other, the pictures are indistinguishable. Might be because Yashica has better lenses than you expect, but it's really just because I'm the same photographer no matter which camera I carry. I either take a great picture or I don't, and the camera is just one small tool in the process.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Ok, so essentially every other decade there is someone who knows how to shoot a Leica haha

I'm mostly referring to the majority of Leica OWNERS who can't stop talking about MTF charts but couldn't take a good picture to save their life, and you can't dissagree that there are most likely many more owners than there are good photographers who use Leica, some I've seen talk on the forums who actually admitted after years of owning one that they've only shot a roll a year through them, and most were horrible shots.
    I know, I know .

When I was at Paris photo last year, I was walking with my portfolio (and M6 in my bag ) - I never saw so many Leicas M9 and M240 in my life.

It looked to me that every other person has digital Leica with new summilux. Not even one had portfolio with him, and nobody gave me a link to his web site. Many non Leica shooters did .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    But, why fuss with what other people decide to do with their money or their time?
    the reason is because it is easy
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    35mm RF
    almost all new Leicas are D cameras today so this dialogue is OT rather should be on DPug?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    almost all new Leicas are D cameras today so this dialogue is OT rather should be on DPug?
    nope
    because this thread is really about forgetting to take the lenscap off of a RF
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin