Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,845   Posts: 1,582,692   Online: 1069

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The ad on the site is ironic.

In my case it shows a Nomos Metro watch.

Which is so much better than the watch advertised.
    With 2500€ you get an in-house movement from top to bottom (balance wheel, spring, escapement, etc.), which means flexibility in design (it shows, with the off center reserve dial and the huge outer edge date dial), and finer tuning for better accuracy.

And they're asking 17000€ for a generic off the shelf ETA movement.

Not to mention that the clean, Bauhaus-y look and feel of the Nomos, along with the hand made craftsmanship is a better match to Leica in spirit, compared to this overpriced bloated timepiece.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That watch has such an ugly face, really odd combination of busy lines all over and that obnoxious V. Totally gimmicky aperture dial. Also the back is tinted grey for the darkroom? What why not red?! Also points off for no vulcanite inspired strap or film rewind styled pull out winding stem.

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh shucks, I already have a $25 Timex. Every 2 weeks it gets 3 seconds behind and I reset it. I've had it for 2 years and when the battery poops I'll toss it and get another. My experience with these watches is that they last 4~5 years. That works out to 2 cents per day for accurate time.

(No, I don't carry a cell phone)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I buy my 10 dollars swatch watches from etsy and reasonable looking 6 dollars watches from dx. I have a swiss paper thin kremlin palace watch dial worths few thousands dollars but I did not buy a battery to it since its presented.
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    More interesting news to you , my friend is working for the biggest watch dealer in Turkey and he told me that all their omega , tissot you name it watches worths hundreds or thousands dollar are made in china with their special order. WOSTEP training program if I am not wrong costs to you 25000 dollars in Swiss and only only program to you to open a rolex. There are lot cheaper wostep programs in china , kuala lumpur malaysia and australia. Some of them only trains in chinese. Chinese imitators have so well trained force and they can copy a million dollars worth of tourbillon watch for 1500 dollars. Every year chinese officials buys 10 billion dollars worth of highest price swiss watches and lot bigger amount of that money subsidized with chinese goverment. Last year , chinese goverment stopped that and swiss high price watch industry went in crisis. You ask who buys them ? Answer Chinese officials.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many of the young these days don't wan't to own a watch or a camera, they use their smartphones for everything.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Many of the young these days dont have a job and money in Europe also.

Shooter
    35mm
    I bet they are not very accurate because they cost too much.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Watches come with batteries now? They're not like my Hamilton Thin-o-matic that just runs without me doing anything but breath? I suppose my Hamilton would probably stop sooner or later after I kick off. Haven't seen that happen in the 45 years since my Dad gave it to me. He bought it some time in the 60's off a neighbor who was a Hamilton rep. Heck of a watch. If Leica wants to trade me for it, I'll take one of their fancy watches and a Halliburton case full of an equal amount in small bills. I'd like an refurbished M-4 to boot. I'd trade it for an F2Sb body.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's not a watch, it's a trinket. A very expensive trinket.
    Tom, your watch was almost certainly made by A. Schild as an ebauche. Hamilton got most if not all of their self-winding movements from Switzerland and made their last watch in Lancaster Pa. in 1969; they never really recovered from the Hamilton 500 Electric watch debacle of the late '50s.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin