Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,376   Online: 1115

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Leica company in financial trouble

I just read in the (german) newspapers that the Leice camera company has announced it has financial problems as some credit lines have been severed by the banks. (this is my literal and awkward translation of the german prose). They are not quite bankrupt, but have suffered severe loss and will only cope for the next months. (Until the shareholders meeting on May 31.)

Now, I don't own a Leica - and I can't forsee what this brings for the future of the Leica company, but it might affect the minds of the people who are not sure what Leica to buy. It would be interesting to hear what y'all have to say about this!

Cheers! Medform-norm

Shooter
    35mm

Terrible

What a terrible thing it would be to see Leica go.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, it looks like Leica is just starting the painful process that Ilford seems to be coming out of. Hopefully they will come out the other end of the tunnel leaner, but still alive.

So pitch in everyone and order your Leica à la Carte; they just need about 3000 orders!
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Images
    We should each go out and buy several M7s and lenses to help keep them afloat.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NikoSperi
    So pitch in everyone and order your Leica à la Carte; they just need about 3000 orders!
    Ah, I forgot to tell you of OUR financial trouble ... preventing us to buy such a lovely a la Carte! I'm sure the bank would sever our credit lines too if we did as much as entertain the vague idea of maybe getting one of those...

Anyone want to back up starving artists and fund our efforts to save Leica?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    We should each go out and buy several M7s and lenses to help keep them afloat.
    Sorry not my first order of business, it would be to bad to see them gone, but those that don't change to meet the times, won't be around to talk about it, hopufully they have a good team in place to get them through their current situation.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the NHL thread applies here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does this mean I might finally get my dream M7 and array of lenses off EBay for 1/2 price in about 6 months?

For their sake I certainly hope they make it through without too much trouble!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    Does this mean I might finally get my dream M7 and array of lenses off EBay for 1/2 price in about 6 months?
    Either that, or you'll have to pay four times today's price because it will have reached Collector Status :rolleyes:
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin