Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,465   Posts: 1,570,680   Online: 865

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canon G-III QL

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a QL17GIII and it's my most-used 35mm camera. My lens also wobbles slighly but I have ignored it and it doesn't seem to be a problem. I think this camera must have the worst feeling shutter release button of any camera I've used, and the winding is also cheap and springy feeling, but the pictures are great. I took the battery out of mine and just left it that way.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Jon Goodman has replacement seals for it and an SR44 will work well enough for testing. I second the suggestion to load it up with a roll of tri-x or FP5 and shoot some photos of the donor.

Oh, and my lens wobbles just a bit, too. Nothing to worry about. Keep away from the self timer though. They tend to jam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great camera I wish I had one.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's worth keeping. It's one of the most sought after fixed lens rangefinder cameras with it's fast lens and great optical quality. I wouldn't say it's ease of use is apparent. I couldn't figure out how to use it when I first held one, but I think the one I tried out might have been broken, haha.
    Check out my website!

Yashica T4, Yashica Electro 35 GTN, Yashica-D.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Any camera post 1932 has great image quality really.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Awesome!!!

Thanks guys.. It also came with exclusive flash on the strap a pouch. I thanked profusely. She is 92. I think with new light baffle, it will be something to hang onto.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is a link to Jons instructions for seal replacement. I have done one, it's not hard.

http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/seal...anonetGIII.pdf

Shooter
    35mm
    Only real problem you might have is if the battery corroded the light meter wire. If so, you have to open the camera body to replace it. Not especially easy.

sent from phone. excuse my typing.
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    In the apug gallery photos of the Apug convention held in Toronto are some photos I had taken with that model canon...see "fine wine", and several others including Les in the dark room. All existing light photos.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by trythis View Post
    Only real problem you might have is if the battery corroded the light meter wire. If so, you have to open the camera body to replace it. Not especially easy.

sent from phone. excuse my typing.
    Mine doesn't have any problem but instead of buying compatible battery I simply use it in manual mode sans meter. Works great.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin