Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,213   Online: 923

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canon G-III QL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Simpson View Post
    Jon Goodman has replacement seals for it and an SR44 will work well enough for testing. I second the suggestion to load it up with a roll of tri-x or FP5 and shoot some photos of the donor.

Oh, and my lens wobbles just a bit, too. Nothing to worry about. Keep away from the self timer though. They tend to jam.
    Jon also sells inexpensive adapters that permit using low cost hearing aid batteries in place of the 625 batteries originally used in these cameras.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Battery.. I checked battery compartment, she took it out. It looks clean. Question.. Does the battery need to be in there for the shutter release button to work? I cocked it and pressed the button, It didn't trip shutter. Do I have a problem?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Battery.. I checked battery compartment, she took it out. It looks clean. Question.. Does the battery need to be in there for the shutter release button to work? I cocked it and pressed the button, It didn't trip shutter. Do I have a problem?
    No, there is a trick when no battery (but I don't recall what it is). I'm sure someone will reply shortly but I wanted to ease your angst.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm thinking that I have to load film into chamber to have the camera recognize it and then the shutter release button will activate. I hoping that's what's going on. I don't want load film, because the foam is completely gone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    so if you manually set it to 1/100 f16, cock the shutter and then release, nothing happens?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Don't worry you need to move the aperture off the little red 'A' to '1.7'.

The problem is the camera won't shoot unless the light is good and with no battery it says pitch dark shant !

Normally you need to select a shutter speed to leave the meter needle mid scale.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    also I think you have to have the film counter at least at "1".

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The early automatics were really primitive and all mechanical. No electronics to fail save variable resistors and switches.

So the meter is off in manual but fussy in auto. And I do mean off.

Only a few of the mechanical automatics don't have quirks...

I do use mine but in manual with a separate meter. The little lens hold up well against Canon's pro LTM system lenses and is semi wide at 40mm.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    also I think you have to have the film counter at least at "1".
    Well mine fires on loading each blank frame to 1, ... and on, it is very quiet.

Shooter
    35mm RF

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin