Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,013   Online: 667

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Leica III F Buyers Remorse

Well I lost the battle with my ADD and last night I purchased a a Leica III F on E bay. A link to the auction is provided below. I an factoring in a 190 dll CLA by Mr Youxin Ye. My question is does this look close to fair market value and will I need an accesory "google" to use the 90 mm. I am note sure I will use the 90 mm. I might resell it to offset some of thr cost. Again thanks for any advice.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I looked at the auction and I think you did very well. 2 lenses and a body for 600 bucks.....that is good.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I agree with Paul -- all in all, a good deal if the lens assortment is what you've been looking for. Lots of people like the Summitar, and this example looks pretty clean in the photos; a clean one is usually around $250 and up. The 90mm is less sought after, but if it's as good as my Canon 100mm f/3.5 you'll enjoy shooting with it. And a clean IIIf body (albeit without the self-time) is usually around $300 or so, so all together a nice package.

Shooter
    35mm

I had a Leica 3F back around 1960 with a 50mm Leitz lens and the 90mm Elmar. I really liked the Elmar. Anything longer is too long for the camera but the 90 works really good. I had a 127mm Wollensack for the 3F that was too long for my tastes. I think you did good. Enjoy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    $250 for the body, $250 for the Summitar, $100 for the Elmar: you done good.

Yes, you'll need an external viewfinder for the 90mm lens. Get one for the 50 as well. Then get a 28mm lens, and its viewfinder. You're all set.

You may or may not love it. What works for one may not work for another.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin