Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,900   Online: 1129

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rejoice, you have a Barnack. A slightly older Barnack than you thought you had, but a Barnack never the less.

The condition of the camera is far more important.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    I think this probably was a IIIc that was factory converted to IIIf. Note that it has the PC socket on the rear, and the sync selector added under the shutter dial.
    Kent in SD
    I think you're right.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A large % of LTM Leicas were factory updated you need to buy on serial and photos if you are a collector.
    The only functional thing was have you got a baseplate finger near to the latch. This keeps the film in the rails.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the one I have was originally a IIc, but was factory updated to IIIc specs. I heard it's quite common, and a lot of folks did it for a variety of reasons (to avoid high import taxes, update the mechanicals, etc). Nothing to get worked up about.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It is a IIIc that was factory converted into a IIIf. The dead giveaway in the photo is for example the two screws top and bottom, just inside of the shutter speed dial.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin