Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,176   Online: 812

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Looking for 1/2 case for Olympus 35 RC

I've had this camera for a long time, it functions flawlessly and I take very good care of it. I'm concerned about the possibility of dinging it up in the field.
    I'm not as sure footed as I used to be when hiking. Does anyone know of a decent aftermarket 1/2 case, like the lower half of an eveready case.
    I thought I heard of one awhile back, but don't remember the source.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    2bits

Shooter
    35mm
    There never was an ever ready case for the RC. The case they came with was a zippered pouch made from a vinyl type material that did not age well at all. Find a small belt pouch made for a modern electrical camera.

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Some of the Olympics compacts came with stiff ERC which fitted tight but have not worn too well. The only RC case I've seen was a flimsy plastic slip.

If you find a generic tripod screw a good leather worker will make up a custom, diamond back, possum, Roo, wal, or dingo

If you tell him how much half cases go for and how little a sponsor tarrif APUG charges...

I just use a gordy wrist strap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info, I am aware of the zippered pouch for them. I have one. It's pretty ratty.. Someone had mentioned there was a aftermarket half case that worked well. Maybe for another camera, I'm not sure? Zanxion, the one pictured is not for that camera, it's big. More of a snug fit would be great. Guess I'll just keep looking!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bits View Post
    Thanks for the info, I am aware of the zippered pouch for them. I have one. It's pretty ratty.. Someone had mentioned there was a aftermarket half case that worked well. Maybe for another camera, I'm not sure? Zanxion, the one pictured is not for that camera, it's big. More of a snug fit would be great. Guess I'll just keep looking!
    You are correct! That is a case from a minolta HiMatic. I can see the holes that must have been holding that metal minolta plate.
    Three years and I still have not found anything to fit my little Oly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think Xmas has the right idea! Thanks again for everyone's input. A little half case should not be that hard to crank out.

Shooter
    35mm
    You want a case like this one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8431125345_d180696130.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	90734

If you only need the bottom half of the ever-ready case, it'sn not that hard to make one yourself. I made this case for my RC with some leatherette (abandoned small pieces for restoring chairs), cardboard, glew, and a bit of sewing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Is there a guide on how to make one?

Btw, where can one find a wonderful hood like yours? It looks like it does not obstruct the rangefinder, is it so?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by zanxion72 View Post
    Is there a guide on how to make one?

Btw, where can one find a wonderful hood like yours? It looks like it does not obstruct the rangefinder, is it so?
    There is also an Olympus OEM style hood, it reverses over the lens for storage, in the non existent ERC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin