Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,310   Online: 1171

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the minolta is black, get it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If I had a choice between a Canon or a Minolta, I'd pick the Canon, although it would be like choosing between brussels sprouts or cooked cabbage.

Shooter
    35mm
    Bought the Canon. Both were not black bodies. Canon had its case and its lens cap and that was what made me go for it. I feel quite sorry leaving the minolta behind. If it is still there by next week I will get that too!

It feels nice. It is even quieter than my little Oly 35RC (yeah, I am by the "small is beautiful" notion)! One thing I noted is that in Auto when exposure is out of limits it locks the shutter. Is that normal?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sounds like you made a wise choice.. I just got one from my gramdmother, working on a roll now. Can't wait to see the results. Your lucky that yours came with original case. I want one of those, but they are impossible to find.

Todd

Shooter
    35mm
    Indeed, for all those small rangefinder cameras, the original cases are hard to come by. After three years, I am still looking for the original hard case of the Olympus 35RC.

Shooter
    35mm
    That's it! Sold the 18-105 lens of my Nikon D90 and bought the little Minolta too :-) Now I am all happy (and sort of broke!)!

Shooter
    Medium Format

Awesome...

Sounds like you made a smart choose. Now you got the best of both worlds. Awesome little Rangefinders that shoot film, so you scan negs at 9400 res and have the ability to print in the darkroom. What could be better.

Todd

Shooter
    35mm
    :-) Thanks Todd.

Of course, now my D90 sits naked (with a cap on it), but who cares, I have long stopped using it! It amazes me how silent it is. I thought that my Oly 35RC was nice and smooth, but this one is even better (a lot).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by zanxion72 View Post
    One thing I noted is that in Auto when exposure is out of limits it locks the shutter. Is that normal?
    Yes normal & very annoying.
    Most of the simple autos have no mechanical or electrical bits, you pay by accepting limits.
    The meter does not work in manual either
    The RC is easier to use.
    Or I use a MINOLTA 7S which is big but has programme and meter in manual but only EV readout.
    I normally remove the battery.

For those that want case or half case the small /2.8 canonet case also fits ok, drill out rivit for half case.

You need to use an air cell or silver cell with diode for linear readings, folks that use alkaline cells have large errors at one end...

Shooter
    35mm
    What a relief! I should had though so. It locks the shutter when the exposure is out of limits just like my Oly 35RC. It is a bit annoying that there is no metering when going manual, but that's o.k. I can live perfectly without that.
    As for the batteries would the zinc air ones that provide 1.4V do? I have been given with four old mercury (by Kodak) cells with that, but for sure they won't last forever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin