Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,575   Online: 1037

Shooter
    35mm

Vertical RF adjustment of the Kodak Signet 35

I've only found one source for information on the repair of these cameras, and that has been http://pheugo.com/cameras/index.php?page=signet35. This site, however, doesn't do a very good job of describing/demonstrating vertical adjustment on the RF. I took the camera apart and tried to work it out myself, but ended up messing it up terribly. It was all I could do to get it back to where it was when I started. Fiddling with the beamsplitter is unbelievably tricky business.

Does anyone know how to reliably set the vertical alignment on a Kodak Signet 35? Or better yet, does someone have images/video to reference? Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The last paragraphs cover the vertical adjustment.

Most adjustments like this are a bit finicky. Usually they take just a slight nudge to see a change. Sometime putting a screwdriver into a slot are putting a bit of pressure on it will do the deed. No need to do any twisting or turning, that's gross adjustment.

Anyway slightly loosen the screw holding the beamsplitter. Don't loosen lit enough to be free. You need the friction to hold it in place when you apply just a touch of pressure..
    If you can see the bracket move, that's likely too much.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin