Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,569   Online: 1127

Shooter
    Multi Format

100 Years of Leica

I didn't know Leica was (Lei = first three letters of "Leitz") and (ca = first two letters of "Camera)....

Deconstructing the video:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...comm_ref=false
    Robert Brandoff

"all intervening steps.. photo's, scribbles, sketches, drawings, failed work, models, studies, thoughts, conversations.. are of interest"

www.digitalandfilm.com

Shooter
    35mm

Leica or not?

Fine cameras. I used two professionally, a 3f and an M2r. The latter was very nice and I'd still have it if you could only re-load the darn thing within an hour and a half. When Elvis is in the building, and you need to re-load, you don't care if a person can stand on a Leica or not (which their reps used to do at their Flying Photojournalism Short Courses they held around the country.
    Personally I think the regurgitation of the famous photos are lousy, uncalled for, trite, badly done and a pretty cynical way to try to make a buck. Why not print the real stuff on silver halide paper and have a treasured keepsake. Adorama has lay-flat photo books on real photo paper. And they'd be a lot cheaper than a small Leica accessory methinks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by digital&film View Post
    I didn't know Leica was (Lei = first three letters of "Leitz") and (ca = first two letters of "Camera)....
    Couple of years ago I saw a man explaining to his girlfriend/wife in front of some Camera store in Munich: "to express admiration to Leica dog that went to space - they named the camera Leica".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    Couple of years ago I saw a man explaining to his girlfriend/wife in front of some Camera store in Munich: "to express admiration to Leica dog that went to space - they named the camera Leica".
    Haha. Nice sense of humor that chap. Plausible too no?

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I guess the correct way to write that poor dog's name would be "Laika"... so there's only a resemblance in the way the two names sound, not the way they are written.

(for a German, that pronounces the brand name "Leica" the correct way of course... 'cause an Anglo-saxon will pronounce it "Lay-ka" which is different from the "Lie-ka" which is the correct way to pronounce both words)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin