Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,272   Posts: 1,660,782   Online: 1083

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

KEH Grading is very generous

Hey guys,

I just got in a Summiron 35mm F2.8 Leica lens with goggles today. They are generous with grading. They were marked BGN and swear it's perfect condition. Do find they are very generous with what you received?

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've bought UGLY stuff from them that most anyone else would post on eBay as MINT-. No hesitation on BGN from them anytime.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's par for the course with KEH. I've bought from them for 18 years and they have never disappointed me.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmmm. Well, I just had to send back a BGN Nikon F2=S because it was definitely not that good, more like an UG (BIG dent by film advance lever, possible warped back), and not an F2S because it had a DP-1 finder.

They're paying the shipping both ways and promising to make sure the exchange is an EXC (at extra cost to me) AND an F2-S, but still ....

some days you hit below par, I guess. I'm told they have new owners. New ownership rarely bodes well, in my experience. Gotta pay off that debt somehow...
    Last edited by summicron1; 02-04-2015 at 06:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had some luck with Ugly stuff in the past. However, the last two purchases were mixed. one lens had some pretty significant fungus and haze. I returned it. One had separation but I kept it since it was minor - I hope it stays that way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder how many times someone has said this on apug. Yes, they are generous.
    Last edited by wildbill; 02-04-2015 at 10:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

Check out my low volume sheet film tanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There's a massive "buying from KEH" thread. My experiences have all been excellent.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    got a Nikon FA @ bgn that was not generously described. Its missing more parts than the description stated but cheaper than ebay auctions at the time so not complaining.
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I sent them a Fuji 135mm for CLA and they returned it without shipping cost saying they did not have the parts to adjust it. ???
    Bruce Osgood
    Chinese proverb
    "Print with #3.5 and burn with #1.5." B.J. Confucius
    [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/128244094@N02/?/[url]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did buy BGN grade lens before. At first look, they looked pristine. On second look, it looked great. On third look, I noticed some internal haze. Shipped it back and received a refund.

I usually buy EX+ or higher. They do make mistakes. I had non-functional, mixed up shipping, etc, etc, etc. But they stood behind their promise. In the end, no loss or little loss on my side. I still buy from KEH.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin