Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,656   Online: 1009

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    For some it is the lenses more than the M bodies. For me it is the reverse it is the Leica M range finder body which appeals to me. I have an almost 50 year old M2 and even though I have Leica glass I mostly use Canon lenses on the body. Some people like the newer Leica lenses some prefer the older "classic" Leica glass. Depends what you are looking for.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use a Leica M7 with the 35mm ASPH 'cron. Although a wonderful camera, I am wishing I had gone with the Mamiya 7ii instead. Not much in the physical size difference, but that bigger negative makes all the difference. I'd send you some negatives, but I'm in the US.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Difficult decision. I have tested also both possibilities: M7II or M7. About 1400g or 850g and more compact. Both cameras perfect lenses although Leica has almost no compromise in it.
    Both cameras and some lenses will lower your bank account significantly. Even second hand still a lot of money. It took me over three years for a decision. Mail me if you're interested.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Tom,
    I have a few "37th frame" negatives you can have. Includes Tech Pan, FP4, Pan F, Scala (negative), and some others taken with various lenses. If you send me your mailing address, I'll mail them to you. Understand you will post your results and observations. sat_doc@yahoo.com
    Mike Richards' Mobile Me gallery, including the Holocaust and Turkey Expo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Chers all for your offers. I hope to be away for 6 weeks by next weds so I will be in touch after then.

As for the lenses vs the bodies...I am most keen on the bodies because they are unique (unfortunately) in construction and quietness. I do however want to find out what if anything I will get over and above 'regular lenses' in terms of image expectations. Primarily I wonder whether there is a hard to define look that will please me.

As for teh Mamiya 7...I woul love one, but how expensive (compared to RF645)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin