Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,339   Posts: 1,682,171   Online: 971

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

In love with Olympus XA :)

Hi mate,

Im nothin new to film photography and already exposed myself since roughly 10 years with my beloved Minolta X-700. About 2-3 years ago im tryin to go digital with Canon but somehow it didnt feel the same (got good result but feel different).

Somehow recently I stole myself an Olympus XA (brought for just under 80$ is that a real bargain??) in perfect condition, never used and sealed away on its box. Well then my journey begin and........................

Its truly amazing. I love it so much.

Anw is there any recognizable troubles with this little beauty? Would any of you felt the same with this camera? Is there any suggestion on something else I might fell in love with? Feel free to share it mate

(shots taken in Agfa CT-Precisa)

I share few of em and the rest comin in to in Instagram lately before I put up my website again ( instagram.com/yudiandra.y/ )

Cheers mate!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tank-6.jpg   tank-3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seems to have a lot of falloff at the edges. Is that wide-open? The second image looks like what one sees with a slow shutter curtain, but, of course, the AX has a leaf shutter. So I have no explanation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On these days I don't walk without XA.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lithosterwiese-1.jpg  
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    35mm
    @ic-racer

wide open at /2.8 mate. yea i noticed it too but i think its normal tho. it seems normal rite

@baachitraka

well it seems that i wont go anywhere without it too from now on, small and compact fit perfectly anywhere
    Last edited by yudiandra; 05-17-2015 at 09:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the light falloff is the nature of the beast when wide open:
    https://flic.kr/p/rYQWW9

I was lucky to get mine for the price of nothing. I responded to a Craigslist ad for a "non-working Olympus clamshell camera - free" (I'm paraphrasing). I've had it over five years now and still don't know what's non-working about it. They're good little cameras. I've recently rediscovered mine -- the rangefinder focusing is not as useless as I initially thought.

Shooter
    35mm
    @bvy

Yes it is indeed! love it mate. Consider urself a lucky one then to own your lovely so-called non working clamshell. Thanks for sharing the love man, indeed it is pleasing to hear those good words around abt the XA.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by yudiandra View Post
    Hi mate,

Im nothin new to film photography and already exposed myself since roughly 10 years with my beloved Minolta X-700. About 2-3 years ago im tryin to go digital with Canon but somehow it didnt feel the same (got good result but feel different).

Somehow recently I stole myself an Olympus XA (brought for just under 80$ is that a real bargain??) in perfect condition, never used and sealed away on its box. Well then my journey begin and........................

Its truly amazing. I love it so much.

Anw is there any recognizable troubles with this little beauty? Would any of you felt the same with this camera? Is there any suggestion on something else I might fell in love with? Feel free to share it mate

(shots taken in Agfa CT-Precisa)

I share few of em and the rest comin in to in Instagram lately before I put up my website again ( instagram.com/yudiandra.y/ )

Cheers mate!
    If yours is really in perfect condition then it's great. I had a new one bought in 79 and it was great. I sold it because flash support is not good and I kept taking picture of my finger. Recently I tried to find a good condition XA and I found those that the indicating meter doesn't work. Faded out range finder patch and meter indication and actual shutter speed mismatch.

Shooter
    35mm
    Looking at your photographs I don't know but my taste isn't for grainy, low details and blue images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the XA was a real game changer when it came out both for design and abilities -- I have found several in thrift stores and yard sales, so didn't have to pay what the market demands, and did manager to wear out the little plastic gears in one. Still a great street-shooter, superb quality.

i suspect your second image looks darker on one side because yu have the sun just outside the frame on the right side. I've never had a problem with them vignetting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the images - it reminds me of Ektachrome.

Yes, the XA is just amazing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin