Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,243   Posts: 1,680,109   Online: 762

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rangefinder alignment for Bronica RF645 in USA?

Hello,

I just picked up a Bronica RF645 off the big auction site. The seller posted in his listing that the rangefinder had a "slight" vertical deviation but it did not affect focusing. Unfirtunately it does bother me and I was wondering if there was somewhere in the US (preferably) that still can service these cameras.

I know Tamaron comitted to servicing the RF645 through 2014 but I'm not sure what happened after that.

Respectfully,
    Suraj

Shooter
    Large Format
    Looks as though they may not have pulled the plug on the RF645 just yet - note that this page is dated Jan 1 2015:

http://www.tamron-usa.com/about/bronica_service.php

Probably worth a call to verify before sending, though, and to find out where an RF adjustment falls within their rate schedule:

http://www.tamron-usa.com/contact/default.php

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi, Tamron will still service Bronica gear. I just emailed them the other week. The woman told me this may be the last year for it. Also, Frank Marshmann in VA "Camera Wiz" services these cameras but does take a while to do so. Those are the only two options in the US I'm aware of. Most repairers won't service these cameras cause of the lack of availability of parts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tamron did a great job servicing my RF645 last September. Broken hinge required a replacement back, they only charged $100 and I had the camera back within 2 weeks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like KEH wants $190 (their flat rate medium format price). I contacted Tamron and hopefully they get back to me soon!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
    Looks like KEH wants $190 (their flat rate medium format price). I contacted Tamron and hopefully they get back to me soon!
    Did they (KEH) say they would service the RF645? I have a memory of emailing them a year or so ago and they did not want to service this camera as parts were not available. If they do service it I'd be interested. All other repairs I've had done by KEH were top notch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes I told them I needed a Bronica RF645 serviced and they said:

Good morning,

Thank you for your interest in KEH repair. We do service Bronica rangefinder cameras. Our flat rate fee for medium format cameras is $190. Should you decide to send the camera to us, please download a copy of our repair form found here:

https//www.keh.com/page/repair-form
    I've never had a rangefinder aligned before, do you guys think this is a fair price?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just emailed KEH as I was curious and got the same response. I'm thinking of sending mine there for a CLA. I believe this is a fair price. Tamron would charge close to that. As I said before repairs from KEH are well done IMO.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Brian, I did some more research and it seems as though you are not alone in saying KEH does great repair work. I just recieved this email from Tamron and feel a bit torn on who to go to as I feel the price from Tamron is subject to change once they have my camera.

Hello Suraj,

Thank you for contacting Tamron! The typical standard repair charge for this would be about $95 although our technicians would have to evaluate it to confirm this. Depending on whether we need to order parts Bronica repairs can take a few days to several weeks. Unfortunately parts for Bronica are limited so this can lead to these longer wait times. If the rangefinder just needs realignment this may be a relatively quick repair.

If you would like to send it in for repair, please fill out the attached repair form and send it in with your equipment. This form is intended for lens repairs so please disregard the section which asks for the lens model.

When shipping, please DO NOT include any accessories except for caps. We recommend wrapping your camera and/or lens very well in several layers of bubble wrap so that it fits tightly and securely in your shipping box. Our address is located on the bottom of the form.

When we receive the camera a technician will evaluate it and email an estimate to you for approval.

Kind regards,

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin