Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,057   Online: 986

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    A variable speed shutter, that's cool.

Murray
    Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One was given to me just about a month or two ago. It's really a neat, old camera.

The film winder and counter mechanism took some getting used to; and the shutter cocking lever is in a really annoying spot, but its still fun.

I've only run one roll through it, but I'm going to keep it around to play with...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a C-4, the Cintar lenses arent that bad, sure they arent Leicas but they are underappreciated imho. My biggest problem with the camera is the feel. The shutter sounds like a mouse trap going off, and the shutter release has alot of play in it. The Rangefinder window is too close to the viewfinder, and the focusing wheel is unecessary.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting gizmos, these bricks. I have several, and a couple of newer Argi, too. One thing is common to all of them, though, the shutter speeds are never accurate and never the same way twice. Still, the crazy things take good photos and I have even won a prize or two with them. They're just fun to use.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Hi Glenn
    Murray

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is interesting to me that the Argus C and the Exakta 35mm SLR both were introduced around 1937, ( before the study of ergonomics ). Though they are totally different in appearance and function, they both are prime examples of Art Deco design and both are beautiful in their own quirky way. They must be displayed in museums of industrial design.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][/FONT][SIZE=7][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrange][/COLOR] I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    http://uptowngallery.org/Murray/C3Matchmatic/

5 'snapshots' with C3-Match Brick. first 3 over-compressed...I'll fix & repost.

Murray
    Murray

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nothing wrong with that Cintar, Murray...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin