Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,707   Online: 773

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Isn't that what the Leica Forum over at pdn is all about?
    Come to think of it, I think you are right
    Scott Stadler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too was thinking to have a "bokeh" shoot-off of my lenses to compare them once and for all. For Russian I have the Jupiter-8, an Industar-61 on the way, an "Elmar" 50/3,5 (on my Russian knock-off Shanghai II). I also have a smattering of older Leica lenses (35/3,5 Summaron, 50/2 Summitar, 90/4 Elmar) plus newer 40/1,4 Nokton and 75/2,5 Color-Heliar. Sometimes I think my Jupiter-8 is my favorite. After all it's a Sonnar, right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a rather good web page which lists some of the best LTM lenses:
    Soviet Camera Lenses. I managed to get some pretty good info from it. I think that it's only missing some of the wider lenses such as the Orion.

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    35mm

same here

this is what i've heard also, i have an I-61 from about 1969 by s/n. I'd also recommend the original thread starter take a look at the Industar i-22 and i-50 which are great ltm lenses in 50mm, a little slower than the 2.8 (they're 3.5), but are collapsible and take great photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Kolinski
    IIRC all I-61 are rare earth-glass, that was (one of the) improvement(s) when the I-26 was redesigned to become the I-61. The L/D was added later to separate the Industars for the Zenit-SLR from the "classic" Leica-mount ones.

Shooter
    35mm
    Concerning radioactivity, this page addresses the issue. I've not re-read it carefully today, but from what I recall, the author applied a Geiger counter to the lens and found a small but measurable increase in the reading with the "business end" of the counter practically touching the lens. As others have said, this shouldn't be an issue unless you keep the lens in close contact with your body for too long a period.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got a jupiter 12 35mm lens...which i use on my zorki 4k...it's fantastic, I'm really pleased with some of the results i've acheived.

well worth considering. Its a copy of a pre-war zeiss biogon apparently, it's sharp and contrasty!

Good luck

Adam

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have an Industar-61 L/D for my Fed-4 and I love it. It may be my favourite lens --- particularly, as other commentators have noted, a few stops down from wide open.

I also have a Jupiter-9 -- an 85mm 'portrait' length lens -- which is nice but not as contrasty as the Industar-61.

Just recently I bought a Kiev with a Jupiter-8 and while I've only put a few rolls through it, the Jupiter-8 also looks a nice lens.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have used Industar-61L/D, FED-2 lens, IN-22, IN-50, Elmar 90, Hektor 135 and Voigtländer Color-Skopar 21mm f/4 on my FED-2.

So far I prefer: FED 50/3.5 because it's collapsible, IN-61L/D because it's great, and the Elmar 90mm because the FED has a long enough base line to be accurate with it. And it can be dismounted without having to open the camera and poke a finger through from behind, unlike the 135mm Leitz Hektor. And the 21mm VC Skopar lives on a Bessa-L - DoF is so great that a rangefinder is superfluous.
    The IN-22 and IN-50 don't work all that well on FEDs.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the IN-61L/D it takes great pictures, very sharp,and contrasty. Maybe some day I get a Leica to use it on. Though my FED 5B works good, I got it more as a collectors item then a user camera. I love the russian lettering on the camera.

James.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin