Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,474   Posts: 1,570,982   Online: 839

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Neil sounds like it will be fine until I can find a branded one. Happily I don't intend to use a hood as the QL17 is for "street shooting" and I don't want the camera looking too obvious lol

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    As the title says has anyone tried these filters?

I usually use Hoya and I'm after a 48mm UV for my QL17, but these are the only ones I can find and as they are not branded I'm shall we say a little dubious
    Do you want some 48 mm filters? I have several (Hoya) I shall probably never use again. If you're interested, I'll write a list.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington
    Do you want some 48 mm filters? I have several (Hoya) I shall probably never use again. If you're interested, I'll write a list.

Regards,

David
    David your a Godsend It's a UV I'm really after if you have one. Just let me know what you would like for it. I'm on a late shift soon so whenever it's convenient

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have Hoya UV, yellow/green, orange and 80B, also Vivitar cross-screen diffuser, all virtually mint. Also older Leitz yellow/green and yellow, usable but not perfect. Also have Hoya stepping ring (49 mm filter/48 mm mount). £6 for one filter including UK postage. Open to offers for the lot!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David PM on it's way

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just an update on this one. The filters I was asking about are Hitco which look good quality but not a name I've heard of. However I now have a couple of mint Hoyas' thanks to David being kind enough to sell me his.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hoya filters are the best and still not that expensive. Why spend a fortune on a lens then put a bottle end in front of it to save pennies?

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolliscroft
    Hoya filters are the best and still not that expensive. Why spend a fortune on a lens then put a bottle end in front of it to save pennies?

David.
    Very true David At the time I has having trouble finding 48mm as I couldn't find them listed at Hoya anymore. It's the Hoya I'm now happily using.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Probably too late, but you might check for Canon branded 48mm filters. They make some that screw into the drop in filter holder that fits some of the big white telephotos.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin