Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,609   Online: 963

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Anyone tried these Filters?

As the title says has anyone tried these filters?

I usually use Hoya and I'm after a 48mm UV for my QL17, but these are the only ones I can find and as they are not branded I'm shall we say a little dubious

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They say made in Japan so they might even be Hoya. If you're worried B&W and Helipan make 48mm filters.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont....y=6&Submit=Go

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    They say made in Japan so they might even be Hoya. If you're worried B&W and Helipan make 48mm filters.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont....y=6&Submit=Go
    Hi Nick,

From what I can see Hoya don't make 48mm LOL For the price of a B&W I could virtually buy another QL17, but thank you for taking the time to suggest alternatives which I appreciate.

I guess those are cheap enough to give them a try and if it isn't up to scratch I could always throw it in the box with all my Hoya's of different sizes I very rarely use

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hoya may have made them for a third party. Camera company. Retailer etc.

If you're worried have you considered step up rings?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...511545747&rd=1

If you think the price for the 48mm are bad you don't want hear what they wanted for a 35.5mm to 49mm step-up ring. I ended up using two rings. Jim pointed me to one for a little digital camera that cost a couple of bucks-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    ...these are the only ones I can find and as they are not branded I'm shall we say a little dubious
    I'd be a little dubious since the pictures show a 49mm filter. :o

Cheers

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nick I hadn't thought of the 3rd party angle, good point

Sounds like I'd better sit down and have a large G&T (maybe a smoke) before I look at the prices of 35.5mm.

Also hadn't thought of a step-up so that could be a good option. I really only want it for when I'm using the camera near the sea here as the light can be interesting to say the least and also salt on glass as we all know is not a good combination

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not only says 49mm, but it has been digitally edited....

SRB (www.srbfilm.co.uk) do step-up rings from 48mm for £4.90. Use "Pricelists" link on the side menu to get to the downloadable PDF pricelist (uses frames so I can't give a direct link).

Cheers, Bob.

P.S. they also stock assorted filters...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello Tony,

Try your local camera store for secondhand stuff, or phone round the secondhand dealers, most have drawers full of filters, all going for buttons.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Bob and Gareth,

Many thanks for your suggestions. Sounds like it may be easier to solve this one than I thought & I'll have the pleasure of a little retail therapy in places I like

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

I purchased some none branded Japanese filters for my Bessa R2 / T RF setup (as Hoya / BW items were not easily available new). I found the glass to be OK but the metal rims were much thicker than Hoya / BW which meant the lens hoods would not screw on with a filter fitted. Have since stopped using them after finding some good used Hoya / BW ones on Ebay. If you wait long enough most sizes will turn up on Ebay. Hope this helps.

Neil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin