Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,099   Online: 1231

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the welcome. I sort of knew this existed, but I've always been a one wife - err... forum - at a time kind of guy... I seriously don't understand how to find the time to surf multiple forums and get any work done. So I deleted my PN bookmark ;-) Which should make EVERYONE happy.

It seems pretty smart to dedicate this forum to analog. Robb Galbraith has a good digital forum that I enjoy, and this avoids all those stupid arguements and dumb questions from digital dummies.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. It's a great place to discuss and "meet" other analog photographers...lots of great information and people. Like any other good forum, you get a few bad apples, but Sean has installed the "ignore features" (ignore subscriber or ignore thread) which allows you to pretty much miss most of the harsh stuff.

Enjoy!

Shmoo

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have to say so called 'flame wars' have been very rare at photonet. There were one or two posters who were abrasive and a few who were banned. But all considered photonet is an excellant site. I've certainly had very few if any probs at photonet. I've been using photonet for years, it's probably the biggest and best general photo site on the web.

All I would say is be wary of mentioning the word digital here, APUG tends to be an anti-digital site, sadly in many ways it's become a mirror of the digital anti-film sites out there.
    On balance though, it's a very good site if you are into film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    And welcome from me too Frank. Isn't it funny how the same people keep showing up on the various good photography fora? Small world, made smaller by this computer thingy ....

I found APUG around the time you wound up the ULF.

Cheers,
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gareth harper
    All I would say is be wary of mentioning the word digital here, APUG tends to be an anti-digital site, sadly in many ways it's become a mirror of the digital anti-film sites out there.
    Not anti-digital.
    Just Anti-Becoming-Yet-Another-Digital-Imaging-Website.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Frank, welcome to the site. As far as flame wars on photonet the Leica Forum seems to be the place where it often occurs. It is not unusual for people to be suspended/banned and threads deleted there.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    Not anti-digital.
    Just Anti-Becoming-Yet-Another-Digital-Imaging-Website.
    Exactly, but then again I guess "anti-digital" to some people means not being able to have their way and post their PS'd pixelography here.

Images
    I don't think that APUG is necessarily anti-digital. There are APUG forums that allow for digital posts. The very fact that APUG is the Analog Photography Users Group would indicate that the mission is to be a "safe haven" portal for analog photographers discussing various aspects of analog photography. There are plenty of forums for digital photography where general communication that is digitally oriented is better suited. A better analogy may be, perhaps, that it is less than polite to go into a French restaurant and order Chinese dishes.

Cheers,
    Geary
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for, and your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. – John Prine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Frank! Make yourself at home!
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Photo.net at one time was really good and I suspect that at times it still is. One large problem with it is that the software is way out of date and not nearly up to the task of managing such a large community. The size of the community is the other issue. There may not be a higher percentage of asses on photo.net but the shear number is sufficient.

This forum is excellent for what it attempts to do. I hope it does seem as bad as the worst on the net when it doesn't meet other people's agendas. That will keep the populace down to a manageable number and keep those who really would be better off elsewhere, elsewhere.

and, as Tom said "Welcome, Frank! Make yourself at home!"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin