Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,342   Online: 1174

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    Not anti-digital.
    Just Anti-Becoming-Yet-Another-Digital-Imaging-Website.
    Yeah what Neal said! Some are just not satisfied no matter what you do.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    "Not anti-digital.
    Just Anti-Becoming-Yet-Another-Digital-Imaging-Website."

Fair enougth, and I respect and appreciate that. It's why I'm here. But generally when 'digital' is mentioned, what you get here in response is pure anti-digital bull.

Oh somebody mentioned posting pictures. Something about not being allowed to post digital pictures here. I find that very funny.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gareth harper
    Oh somebody mentioned posting pictures. Something about not being allowed to post digital pictures here. I find that very funny.

Yeah, Gareth, It is kind of like you bringing up digital every chance you get and then saying "but I shoot 100% film"

wtf
    Last edited by mrcallow; 05-02-2005 at 04:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    Yeah, Gareth, It is kind of like you bringing up digital ever chance you get and then saying "but I shoot 100% film"

wtf
    Yeah,I find that funny too......never misses an opportunity to troll and then "but, but, I shoot film too".... :rolleyes:

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    "Yeah, Gareth, It is kind of like you bringing up digital ever chance you get and then saying "but I shoot 100% film" "

Yup and that's the way it is. I do scan some of my film (the colour stuff) and print it out on an inkjet, and very nice it is too. I also scan my B&W 10x8 portfolio prints, basically to get Jpegs for e-mail and my web site. I don't try to pretend that my Jpegs ain't digital though. How silly is that.

I do have a sneeking desire to buy a DSLR, I can see the advantages as well as some of the draw backs. Not that I would dump film. It's horses for courses, it's the end result that counts etc etc..................

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    "Yeah,I find that funny too......never misses an opportunity to troll and then "but, but, I shoot film too".... !

Here come the usual snide remarks. I thought you had me on Ignore Jorge.

So there you go Frank, I think I've made my point. APUG is a great forum for those interested in film, but don't think it's free of the rougth and tumble. If you want info on B&W processes, you'll find that the B&W photonet forums are well informed and generally free of anti-digital bull and snide remarks.

However if you want even more in depth info and detail on film based topics APUG cannot be beaten, however if you like the quiet life on no account mention the word 'digital' or suggest that it has any use whatsoever.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Actually Frank, if you ignore the digidiots that sign on this forum to troll and start flame wars because they cannot stand it that there is a forum that does not allow digital talk, this is a very nice site. The guy above is a very good example of what I mean..

Images
    But generally when 'digital' is mentioned, what you get here in response is pure anti-digital bull.
    Are you sure you don't mean, when the topic of opening APUG to digital discussions and images is mentioned ? People get pretty defensive about that and I admit that I agree with them. Like many here, I use digital whenever it is the best tool for the job. I don't dislike it. I just don't make a topic of it on site that is devoted to analog photography.

This is brought up every week or two here.
    Yes, it has actually occurrred to the folks who post in the the galleries here that they are posting digital images. The site's FAQ should clear up any confusion, although it never seems to.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard Frank! For the most part, this is the most civilized on-line forum I've found. Sure we have our pissing contests, and some people do get wet, but all in all it's a great group of folks here.

BTW - The pissing contests here are nothing like the knife fights on photo.net!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    ahhh, zzziiiippppp, that feels better.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin