Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,728   Online: 987

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What a nice forum after...

A pity I didn't find it last year. So, do people have fun here?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, Most times yes. Try out the chat room most evenings.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm just so happy to be able to yak about photography without Bob Atkins and Brian Muttershead clamping me down! I'm free! Free at last!

Images
    Why were they clamping you down? Yes this can be a fun place but as it grows I think there is more heated debate, and more instances of flaming but for the most part those who participate regularly are some pretty good folks.

Welcome
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You know, I don't think I ever posted anything nasty there, but when they started banning people and culling political discussions last year I started the Underground Leica Forum. Photo.net threatened to call the FBI on me for that, since I was "stealing their business". You know, take away the kids, lock us out of the house, send me to SuperMax, register as a cyber-criminal, because a dozen people posted on a forum that lasted six months.

Of course, I do admit to starting threads like "which gun is most like a Leica?" - which was immensely popular but seemed to rankle the management. Why is it that the most popular threads (500 posts +) are the ones that get deleted? Isn't the idea to generate a lot of traffic and interest?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio
    "which gun is most like a Leica?"
    HEHE the answer is simple-the most expensive one
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Uh-oh. I think the neighborhood just took a dive.

Seriously, welcome, Frank. I'm surprised you hadn't discovered APUG previously.

[added] Oh, and I thought the photo of my Sauer .270 with the Leica scope was the best response to the "which gun" question.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Large Format
    The problem with PN was that it went from a "hand off" forum that had flame wars almost every day, to a forum that would squash anything remotly controversial according to BM or BA. The problem was that neither BM or BA posted guidelines as to what was/was not allowed, so sometimes a good post would be deleted for whatever reason BM or BA had that nobody knew and some definitly bad posts would stay and go on and on and on.

IMO this was a bad move for them, they ruined their forums which was what I thought might get many of us to subscribe. Given their erratic behavior I stopped posting in PN years ago and have not missed it one bit. Heck I have not even visited the site in about a year.

As to the wich gun is more like a Leica, definitly a H&K P7 M13....loved that gun...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Frank, welcome to APUG. Kind regards, Nicole

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I didn't see that discussion, but I've seen a 1895 Krag-J°rgensen with a Leitz scope which bears an uncanny resemblance to some of the Leica prototypes

Welcome, anyway
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin