Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,672   Posts: 1,481,831   Online: 1167

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Canter Beauty???

Hi,

A friend of mine showed me an old camera that he has (people do that when they hear you're "into" cameras and pictures ). It is a Canter Beauty - a fully mechanical rf with a f2.8 45mm lens, copal mxv shutter... and is in decent condition!
    The only problem is - the focusing ring is very hard to turn - it felt ceased when I first tried it, but budged eventually, and now moves, but with a LOT of effort - is there any simple remedy I can perform without getting it to a pro?

Other than that, it needs a bit of compressed air and a soft cloth, perhaps some rubbing alcohol - and I was just wondering what anyone here can tell me about this little camera.

Peter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's a site, with pictures, that shows you how to disassemble one of these things:

http://daniel.mitchell.name/cameras/canter/canter.html

I must say that I'm truly amazed. Not by the camera...but by the pages that one finds on the 'net. Who would have though a page would exist that shows how to disassemble this camera?!?

Good luck with the camera. It's an interesting little beast.

Be well.
    Dave
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks so much - I suspect that mine is in better shape than the one in the article (thankfully!). Has anyone here actually had personal experience with a "Beauty" (someone was generous there... but it is cute)? I wonder if it was any good. Seems solid enough!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin